Thursday 08/16/2018 by Lemuria

Curveball Cancelled!

Severe flooding has contaminated water servicing the site. Everyone must leave by noon Friday. The band released a statement written moments before heading to the stage for soundcheck.


Comments

, comment by xheight
xheight I'm trying not to cry at work right now.
, comment by malachai
malachai This is insanely tragic. Hopefully we get 3 nights in Worcester before Albany on Fall Tour.
, comment by Doctor_Smarty
Doctor_Smarty Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
, comment by Olfactory_Huge
Olfactory_Huge Gonna be some weird parties in Upstate New York tonight. Embrace the chaos. Make the best of it. Prep yourself for Curved Dicks.
, comment by Wilsonwasframed
Wilsonwasframed This is brutal news and I’m sorry for all of us. The whole community is hurting today.
, comment by The_Steiner
The_Steiner @xheight said:
I'm trying not to cry at work right now.
I guarantee you I'll be crying a lil bit on the flight back to israel. I'll be numb til then. All I wanted was to hear Torn & Frayed. Instead we are

Be careful what you wish for
, comment by helpingphriendlykate
helpingphriendlykate Come to Watkins Glen State Park and make a party out of it - embrace this chaos and make it something good!
, comment by akjed
akjed @Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
The flooding also makes treatment of all the sewage generated by 40,000 people virtually impossible. You can't bottled water this away.
, comment by shaunfunk
shaunfunk Set the gearshift for reverse
, comment by 2202003_4lyfe
2202003_4lyfe Just snagged a floor denver
, comment by italianrose5
italianrose5 I've gone through all the stages of grief! Trying to find the silver lining.....
, comment by Lemuria
Lemuria @2202003_4lyfe said:
Just snagged a floor denver
The lowest prices are going up $10/hour per ticket. Not sure if prices are actually changing, or just the lowest-priced are going first.
, comment by dueyv9
dueyv9 Well that was a curve ball. ;)
, comment by curleyfrei
curleyfrei @italianrose5 said:
I've gone through all the stages of grief! Trying to find the silver lining.....
Nobody died, and we still have our Phish.
, comment by GratefulDane
GratefulDane Worse festival: Curveball or Conventry?
, comment by Mothershusband
Mothershusband @akjed said:
@Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
The flooding also makes treatment of all the sewage generated by 40,000 people virtually impossible. You can't bottled water this away.

Since when did treating sewage require potable water??? These 40,000 people weren't gonna flush a toilet 10 times a day down some sewer system and take multiple showers, wash clothes etc... Hell lots of folks have RV's. If this was a Nascar event it would still be on 100%..
, comment by whatstheuse324
whatstheuse324 Back in the early 90’s there was an episode of Saturday Night Live where they did a “Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy” skit. He describes how his kid keeps pestering him to take him to Disneyland, so one day he says, “Ok, I’ll take you to Disneyland.” He then describes how they hopped in the car and drove to a burned down factory. He then tells the kid, “Oh no, Disneyland burned down,” before driving back home. That’s kind of how I feel.
, comment by mrselfdestruct
mrselfdestruct I would like to share an idea and hopefully some of you will like the idea and join me. To anyone who has flown in to this area and has to wait until Monday or Tuesday I want to open up my home to you and allow you to stay here in my house for the next few days, free of charge. I have 2 or 3 bedrooms available and am in a beautiful town just outside the city of Rochester. I know if it were me I would be struggling to figure out what to do. Hopefully others who read this will do the same to offer whatever space you have available and we can help some phans through this next few days. Even if you cant offer any space if you like this idea please share this post and put it out there in any other way you can. To the band and crew: if you happen to see this post and if you think it is a good idea please post it on your site as well as social media and hopefully it will really get the Curveball rolling and reach more and more people who can offer up some hospitality and help these folks out. Anyone needing a place please message me for more details and I will get a few of you out of the weather and out of the financial burden of being blindsided by this and suddenly having to find a hotel and pay for 4 or 5 nights. If you have just read this please make the same offer and/or share it. THANK YOU!!!
, comment by franswami
franswami This is so completely fuktup. I feel so terrible for everyone. Stay strong fam there will be a silver lining.
, comment by mrminer82
mrminer82 Such a bummer and I wasn't even going. I wonder if those colored Slip, Stitch & Pass LP's will be sold on phish.com now? That would be awesome and I would at least have a chance of getting one under $200.
, comment by schwitze
schwitze @mrselfdestruct said:
I would like to share an idea and hopefully some of you will like the idea and join me. To anyone who has flown in to this area and has to wait until Monday or Tuesday I want to open up my home to you and allow you to stay here in my house for the next few days, free of charge. I have 2 or 3 bedrooms available and am in a beautiful town just outside the city of Rochester. I know if it were me I would be struggling to figure out what to do. Hopefully others who read this will do the same to offer whatever space you have available and we can help some phans through this next few days. Even if you cant offer any space if you like this idea please share this post and put it out there in any other way you can. To the band and crew: if you happen to see this post and if you think it is a good idea please post it on your site as well as social media and hopefully it will really get the Curveball rolling and reach more and more people who can offer up some hospitality and help these folks out. Anyone needing a place please message me for more details and I will get a few of you out of the weather and out of the financial burden of being blindsided by this and suddenly having to find a hotel and pay for 4 or 5 nights. If you have just read this please make the same offer and/or share it. THANK YOU!!!
So wonderful of you to do this. I was lucky, had booked my flight with miles. Because of that, I was able to change it. I’m at the buffalo airport right now. If it hasn’t been for thst, I would have been in a bad spot. Thanks for your generosity!
, comment by franswami
franswami
, comment by sushigradepanda
sushigradepanda Image
, comment by NiceGuyGroovin
NiceGuyGroovin @italianrose5 said:
I've gone through all the stages of grief! Trying to find the silver lining.....
Ditch Party!
, comment by Kriddaz
Kriddaz Don't jump!
, comment by Mikingbird
Mikingbird SO SORRY to all you Easterners and pholks who travelled so far! If I hadn't moved out to the Northwest I'd be chillin' upstate now too, wondering what to do. Play safe, drive safe and it'll be ok. The band will be back......
, comment by AbePhroman
AbePhroman Trey showed he has no fucking balls.
, comment by jackstraw78
jackstraw78 This is so sad!

But we’re thinking of going Fear and Loathing in Hershey Park!

Anyone else interested? Regardless, it would be nice to find other people to party with.
, comment by first_tube_screamer
first_tube_screamer I want to echo the offer of @mrselfdestruct and thank him for the idea. I too live in Rochester and have a couch and air mattress for somebody to crash on if you're waiting for a flight. PM me.
, comment by kyphi
kyphi @AbePhroman said:
Trey showed he has no fucking balls.
Well hey, congratulations on being the most ignorant and uninformed person on this thread. Contaminated water is a third-world problem. Get it together, dude.
, comment by welsby
welsby @GratefulDane said:
Worse festival: Curveball or Conventry?
tough call... music was better at curveball for sure.
, comment by blackburn279
blackburn279 Anybody in the Albany area...were partying at the Rivers Casino Schenectady tonight
, comment by Doctor_Smarty
Doctor_Smarty @TimPuck said:
@Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
maybe you should re-read that post mister smarty pants.
The post got edited Tim...because I am the smarty pants that advised the revision.
, comment by phrench
phrench @welsby said:
@GratefulDane said:
Worse festival: Curveball or Conventry?
tough call... music was better at curveball for sure.
Wading was better in Coventry though.
, comment by Mikingbird
Mikingbird Here's a silver lining: this could be a great opportunity for local bands, with so many pholks stuck in the region. If bars and bands can coordinate, there can be many great, mad last-minute shows!
, comment by s1177375
s1177375 2 things Phish could do to curveball indeed but make up best they can. Dont tell me Phish does not have a porta potty on their tour bus / Jet. . .and I know they can get bottled water enough for like 30 people 4 and the crew . . So w that said, the best they can do is give a refund and make it a true curveball and make the lyrics of MORE REAL! and give back an extra 20 to 100 dollars as an offering to devoted phans that drove so far took off work and gas money to get their all in vain and just pay back the refund like they said but with extra like a church offering . . after all we worship you guys almost like Jesus in church . . .a little bit like mini demi gods and Trey has to know that we are a special breed of LOYAL more so than any band in history yes even more than beatle mania, and current ones like Bruce Springsteen and Insane Clown Posse etc. . .Trey knows and with that in mind the extra money not for me I couldnt make it and am glad know in hindsight i did not buy tickets or a new tent . . .my daddys tent in high gear to Alaska lol
Ok so yeah the refund would be nice but we would pay anything and let them keep the money if they just played ANYWAYS! Like a ginormous SOUNDCHECK a 9 set SOUNDCHECK
U guys are ALREADY THERE
Just play for us on Sirius and make it free a FREE webcast for the ones that paid to go NOT ME or the OTHER phans we can just pay as normal maybe perhaps at a CURVEBALL discount of MP3 or FLAC price like 15 a show instead of 25 30 ish
Just SAYING. . .what about the classic saying
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
With or WITHOUT WATER!

555 "GOT (NO) money or my water" U know they really oughta break clean of the scene and just play the music for themselves . . .
as Trey said in 2004 when he talked of the woman who stopped singing opera at the height of her career and dwelling on that in a heroin induced ponder. . .the ONE thing he REGRETS looking back on the scene he wishes to break out of (around that time playing songs like Friday and 2 Versions of Me - very interesting lyrics for a sad song - needs to be back in rotation if u ask me i like that song) the REGRET is what the phans became. . .Las Vegas EVERY night. . .an excuse for drug addicts and whippit giant NO2 aluminum kegs to sell to DMB rich fans and true fans to do acid and weed and i felt more and more like the only sober man in the entire venue and it was less and less a show of life and more and more an excuse to get fucked up .. . Trey is right and the peer pressure even made the band get more and more drug induced climaxing in 2004 with utter shitty playing . . minus 6-19-04 but even that night u could tell they were on drugs like HARD ones not weed or acid but coke and molly and boy. . .
Anyways IF trey still feels the same about caring ONLY about the music and not the party environment than the show must go on and they would play just for themselves FUCK the fans and the STRANGE DEMANDS PILED UP ON ME (Trey) and just YOU YOU TREY ENJOY YOURSELF (My self) and be friends in a garage band 1983 again and feel the Groove Share in the FLOW and surrender to the music just for you guys. . .I would respect that way more than singing the song PARTY TIME for the phans and respect way more honest songs like ASS HANDED and FUCK YOUR FACE for the silly ones like SLOTH and the ANIMAL songs on Halloween 2014 Disney Haunted House and honest SERIOUS ONES like Joy Show of Life and my all time favorite Trey SOLO song GONE . . .please play that again in rotation even if just once more. . .like the song BLISS from Billy Breathes that has yet to be played live ever and Mr Completely needs less gap and Izabella Dont U Wanna GO (the best gospel tune cover ever imho) and Wading in the Velvet is played enough but a great tune as encore and another Trey solo one 2nd favorite is It Makes No Difference Shadow and Gloomy Sky are never played and are great songs Phish could do well i think and my favorite MIKEs new tunes like CLONE are the Aerosmith Cover if Leo (not Pages piano solo Leo)but ACTUAL Leo on stage Sweet Emotion and I just loved Marissa . . .as does Mike the actual lady but it reminds me of my wife doing the dishes and dancing w her rubbing up against her butt as I hum a tune and smell her hair. . .she has a way of scritching . . .looks at me that way (w her big blue eyes) Those lyrics and silly bass are such fun. . .listen to 7-19-17 the Pittsburgh Mr Completely the Marissa and the Caspian is literally WAVES of PURE OCEAN JOY!!! Best ever maybe up there w 1997 Europe and the Magnaball version even better I think . . . but i wasnt at Magna and I WAS AT 7-19 so i am biased I am SURE.
Please guys play while still at the camp site and just take pics of the band and the prepared good times that were planned but never got to happen and it will give it a eerie cool vibe and fits the theme of total total curvevall indeed
No one could plan a 9 set encore for MPP or a 9 set soundcheck however u wanna look at it . . .IT beats Coventry just on the 1st note . . .Walls of the Cave was awful and everything to follow got worse . . .We are GLAD GLAD GLAD we never arrived at the racetrack
, comment by Fluffhead
Fluffhead @s1177375 said:
2 things Phish could do to curveball indeed but make up best they can. Dont tell me Phish does not have a porta potty on their tour bus / Jet. . .and I know they can get bottled water enough for like 30 people 4 and the crew . . So w that said, the best they can do is give a refund and make it a true curveball and make the lyrics of MORE REAL! and give back an extra 20 to 100 dollars as an offering to devoted phans that drove so far took off work and gas money to get their all in vain and just pay back the refund like they said but with extra like a church offering . . after all we worship you guys almost like Jesus in church . . .a little bit like mini demi gods and Trey has to know that we are a special breed of LOYAL more so than any band in history yes even more than beatle mania, and current ones like Bruce Springsteen and Insane Clown Posse etc. . .Trey knows and with that in mind the extra money not for me I couldnt make it and am glad know in hindsight i did not buy tickets or a new tent . . .my daddys tent in high gear to Alaska lol
Ok so yeah the refund would be nice but we would pay anything and let them keep the money if they just played ANYWAYS! Like a ginormous SOUNDCHECK a 9 set SOUNDCHECK
U guys are ALREADY THERE
Just play for us on Sirius and make it free a FREE webcast for the ones that paid to go NOT ME or the OTHER phans we can just pay as normal maybe perhaps at a CURVEBALL discount of MP3 or FLAC price like 15 a show instead of 25 30 ish
Just SAYING. . .what about the classic saying
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
With or WITHOUT WATER!

555 "GOT (NO) money or my water" U know they really oughta break clean of the scene and just play the music for themselves . . .
as Trey said in 2004 when he talked of the woman who stopped singing opera at the height of her career and dwelling on that in a heroin induced ponder. . .the ONE thing he REGRETS looking back on the scene he wishes to break out of (around that time playing songs like Friday and 2 Versions of Me - very interesting lyrics for a sad song - needs to be back in rotation if u ask me i like that song) the REGRET is what the phans became. . .Las Vegas EVERY night. . .an excuse for drug addicts and whippit giant NO2 aluminum kegs to sell to DMB rich fans and true fans to do acid and weed and i felt more and more like the only sober man in the entire venue and it was less and less a show of life and more and more an excuse to get fucked up .. . Trey is right and the peer pressure even made the band get more and more drug induced climaxing in 2004 with utter shitty playing . . minus 6-19-04 but even that night u could tell they were on drugs like HARD ones not weed or acid but coke and molly and boy. . .
Anyways IF trey still feels the same about caring ONLY about the music and not the party environment than the show must go on and they would play just for themselves FUCK the fans and the STRANGE DEMANDS PILED UP ON ME (Trey) and just YOU YOU TREY ENJOY YOURSELF (My self) and be friends in a garage band 1983 again and feel the Groove Share in the FLOW and surrender to the music just for you guys. . .I would respect that way more than singing the song PARTY TIME for the phans and respect way more honest songs like ASS HANDED and FUCK YOUR FACE for the silly ones like SLOTH and the ANIMAL songs on Halloween 2014 Disney Haunted House and honest SERIOUS ONES like Joy Show of Life and my all time favorite Trey SOLO song GONE . . .please play that again in rotation even if just once more. . .like the song BLISS from Billy Breathes that has yet to be played live ever and Mr Completely needs less gap and Izabella Dont U Wanna GO (the best gospel tune cover ever imho) and Wading in the Velvet is played enough but a great tune as encore and another Trey solo one 2nd favorite is It Makes No Difference Shadow and Gloomy Sky are never played and are great songs Phish could do well i think and my favorite MIKEs new tunes like CLONE are the Aerosmith Cover if Leo (not Pages piano solo Leo)but ACTUAL Leo on stage Sweet Emotion and I just loved Marissa . . .as does Mike the actual lady but it reminds me of my wife doing the dishes and dancing w her rubbing up against her butt as I hum a tune and smell her hair. . .she has a way of scritching . . .looks at me that way (w her big blue eyes) Those lyrics and silly bass are such fun. . .listen to 7-19-17 the Pittsburgh Mr Completely the Marissa and the Caspian is literally WAVES of PURE OCEAN JOY!!! Best ever maybe up there w 1997 Europe and the Magnaball version even better I think . . . but i wasnt at Magna and I WAS AT 7-19 so i am biased I am SURE.
Please guys play while still at the camp site and just take pics of the band and the prepared good times that were planned but never got to happen and it will give it a eerie cool vibe and fits the theme of total total curvevall indeed
No one could plan a 9 set encore for MPP or a 9 set soundcheck however u wanna look at it . . .IT beats Coventry just on the 1st note . . .Walls of the Cave was awful and everything to follow got worse . . .We are GLAD GLAD GLAD we never arrived at the racetrack
What did you say?
, comment by montrealcanadiensuck
montrealcanadiensuck @Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
, comment by LostChord84
LostChord84 @blackburn279 said:
Anybody in the Albany area...were partying at the Rivers Casino Schenectady tonight
if you're looking for some tunes, a few minutes away from the casino the deadbeats are playing @ centre street pub.. I was too tired from being up till 530am that I didnt make it out tonight (but now Im kind of wishing I did as I feel more awake then I expected to be lol) ..but also at this point its probably half over by now.. just saying though lol
, comment by HotPale
HotPale M
O
S
T
F
E
S
T
I
V
A
L
S
H
A
P
P
E
N
You fill in the songs...should be a phun night!
, comment by AbePhroman
AbePhroman @kyphi said:
@AbePhroman said:
Trey showed he has no fucking balls.
Well hey, congratulations on being the most ignorant and uninformed person on this thread. Contaminated water is a third-world problem. Get it together, dude.
Hmm, last time I checked, I don't live in a third-world country.
, comment by FACTSAREUSELESS
FACTSAREUSELESS @Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
Yes. This is true
, comment by Mikingbird
Mikingbird Here are facts:

For the record, the Montreal Canadiens are the 2nd winningest sports franchise of all-time with 24 Stanley Cups. They trail only the New York Yankees, who have 26 World Series titles.
Just saying' - for y'all phriends who don't follow hockey much - SUCK they do NOT! ;)

@montrealcanadiensuck said:
@Doctor_Smarty said:
Severe flooding did not contaminate the site. It contaminated the water supply that services the site.

Facts are useless
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
You must be logged in to post a comment.


Phish.net

Phish.net is a non-commercial project run by Phish fans and for Phish fans under the auspices of the all-volunteer, non-profit Mockingbird Foundation.

This project serves to compile, preserve, and protect encyclopedic information about Phish and their music.

Credits | Terms Of Use | Legal

© 1990-2018  The Mockingbird Foundation, Inc. | Hosted by End Point Corporation